If you want an expanded network but don’t know how to achieve it, read this article. Figuring out a way to increase the number of recipients on a mailing list is not easy. We will cover some ideas that can help you succeed in increasing your marketing base.
Before you send an email to your email list consider the WWWH (Who, What, When, How) questions:
Who are you sending it to?
- Every customer on your email list should be someone who clearly opted in to your email marketing campaign. This reduces the chances of your emails being marked as spam.
- Do not send email to anyone who has not given you permission to do so. Sending spam emails is the surest way to make sure that your subsequent emails will be ignored and unwanted. Some customers may even be annoyed to the point of deciding not to deal with your company anymore.
- Do not send out unsolicited email messages. Sending emails to people who didn’t request them is called spamming. They won’t know who you are, and they won’t care what you’re selling. They’re likely to delete your email, wasting everyone’s time.
What are they receiving?
- You want your email to be as personal as it possibly can be. As with all other marketing techniques, customers usually do more business with those they feel a connection with. Use your customer’s names in the emails that you send them, and thank them in a personal way. This will give them the impression that your business cares and can go a long way toward increasing sales.
- Using a double opt-in approach for your email marketing strategy is the best way to see if your customer is truly interested. While it may seem like overkill, it is a great way to guarantee that your customers actually want emails from you, which could save you from future trouble.
When are you sending it?
- In general, don’t send important email marketing messages near holiday time frames. Because people are not checking email as frequently around these times, your email is more likely to be ignored. There are obviously exceptions to this rule. Such exceptions may include emails with Black Friday promotions or other messages that are centered around a specific holiday.
- Promote special offers or limited time sales exclusively through email as a way of fostering excitement in your customers to be receiving your emails. Email marketing makes your readers feel more valued, and encourages them to invite friends. Additionally, having a referral rewards program will help you grow your customer and email base.
How are they receiving it?
- It is important to maintain persistence. Make sure that you do your best at being persistent towards the right people, because it won’t make a difference otherwise. Continuing to target the wrong group of potential clients simply creates ill will and is not a good use of resources.
- It’s important to try different layouts to see which is most effective. Always put the most important information and new offers on the top of your emails. Try different formats in order to see which elicits the most responses. Once you have a short list of successful formats, continue to use them. This helps your customers form expectations about future emails and lets them easily find the information they’re looking for.
- Use lots of different resources to learn about marketing through emails. Check the web and the library for books on the topic. Classes and workshops may be available locally as well, and it would be beneficial for you to attend some of these.
The information in the article you just read is your key to the lucrative domain of email marketing. Remember the strategies listed, and use them! You should either go through these paragraphs again, or bookmark this article for easy access. That way you will have no trouble applying the advice presented here to your email marketing campaigns to successfully manifest your ambitions.