Your mobile marketing ads should be designed based on what your target demographic likes to read and see. If you cannot determine what your customers want, you won’t make any profit from them. So, the more informed you are about your potential buyers, the more successful you will be in promoting and selling your product or service to them. If you haven’t taken advantage of mobile marketing yet, use these tips to form a successful mobile marketing plan suited to your needs.
- Make sure your advertisements work for all types of mobile devices. If your programming is only accessible by one type, like an Android, you will lose out on entire populations of prospective clients from other platforms. Using cross-platform programming is the best method to attract the most customers to your business.
- Your friends can help you by viewing ads, emails, and your website on their various mobile devices. Consider hiring someone to test out your system in order to get an unbiased viewpoint.
- Use QR codes. These images allow people to interact with your campaign by scanning a code that will redirect them to your website. Make sure the QR code takes people to a place where they can find useful information or interesting discounts. If not, they might not scan another code from you.
- Understand your market. To succeed in mobile marketing you need to know the likes and dislikes of your target audience. If you are unable to decipher what your customer is seeking, then you are unable to gain anything from them. The key to successful marketing is that you must figure out the basic attributes of your customer; who they are and what they want.
- With mobile users, text is far more influential than video, so remember that before developing your marketing campaign. Upwards of 88% of all mobile users deal in text messages, but only around 41% of them take the time to watch videos on their mobile devices. This obviously means text should be your bigger area of focus.
- Perhaps mobile users would like to be treated a little better than the average user, and perhaps you could make them feel as if they’re getting a little extra by subscribing to your mobile site or app. You can offer special rewards just for mobile users in order to increase the mobile side of your business.
- Invite your mobile customers to communicate with you directly. You may find people telling you to go away or telling you they want more, but either way customer input is too valuable not to garner it at every opportunity!
- Use your message recipient’s real name. People like to feel important and recognized, and adding their real name to any messages you send out will give them those feelings. Making your customer feel like you are personalizing messages to them is a great way to make them feel welcome to your business.
- Try not to add files to your message. If possible, you should only include a link. Adding large files, like pictures, to a message will only frustrate the customer, because you are adding to the download time. Also, you may be costing them extra money just to be able to view what you have sent.
- Be consistent with your messaging volume. You should always let your customer know in advance how many messages you plan on sending out per week or month. When you do this, your customers know what to expect and will be waiting to hear from you. Make a good schedule and stick to it.
There is so much to do and expect from working with mobile devices in an attempt to help promote your business to the masses. Select the tips that apply to your situation and start implementing them today. If you have any other questions about your mobile marketing please contact us at www.fireflydigital.com