SECRET 3 – Formatting your Homepage
Very often we get clients that strive to have a clean, organized, and professional website with interactive features and developed graphics. However, our experience tells us that visitors that come to your site actually want one thing: simplicity.
When we updated our previous website design we made an effort to focus on a simple layout that allowed our users to easily find what they were looking for and yet still have an appealing design. Although it is important to have a composed website that is inviting and ‘pretty,’ it is more important for your visitors to find what they are looking for quickly.
A simple, clean and professional website design that has a concise message will improve the ease of use for your diverse crowd of customers and allow them to find exactly what they are looking for effortlessly.
When prospects visit your page for the first time they expect to have three questions answered within the first few seconds;
- Does this website (company) offer what I’m looking for?
- Does this website (company) appear credible?
- Do I want to return to this website?
What is the most important factor in the design of a website?
Stats & Key points:
- Visitors must be able to find what they are looking for.
- 75% of internet users stay within the first page of search results
- 76% of internet users want a website that allows them to easily find what the want
- Always promote your blog on your website’s homepage
- Set up a 301 redirect and always have a permanent redirect
- Keep the amount of choice the user has to make to a minimum
- List your services in categories so that your consumers are not overwhelmed
- Always provide links to your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc.) on your website’s homepage
Up next in the “Seven Website Re-design Secrets” series, “SECRET 4: Create Original Content that Attracts and Converts Leads” Don’t miss it!