Social media is the wave of the future. It is how more and more people are communicating with each other. If you have a business, regardless of if it is a physical location or web based, you need a presence on these outlets. Our social media marketing tips below will help you to maximize your return on your social media marketing campaign.
Know Your Audience.
- When using social media marketing know your audience. This is true for any marketing strategy, but especially important here to ensure your message is reaching the right people. Consider who could use your product or service and seek them out using the specifications available when placing your ad on a social media site.
- Take the time to respond to the feedback from your customers. If you are interested in building a successful business, your customers have valuable information to share. The problem most companies have is that they are all ears and no response. When customers know you are responding to their needs via their feedback, they will want to continue doing business.
- Consider outsourcing when beginning a social media marketing campaign. There are a number of highly qualified and experienced sources that you can use to optimize your social media marketing results. It may cost more than doing it yourself, but the potential increase in business due to their experience in social media marketing will likely be worth it.
- Make sure you make your profiles public. LinkedIn and Facebook both have privacy settings you can customize: remember that you are creating these profiles to advertise your products, and that you want as many people as possible to see your pages. You can block individual users if you are having issues.
Inform Your Audience.
- Tell all your customers that you plan to use social media in your marketing campaign. When these people join your page, their friends will be notified. This basically amounts to free advertising and something you should not take lightly. Make good use of it!
- Make relevant and interesting Twitter posts at least once per day. You want to stand out, but make sure not to be annoying. Update your tweets often. Divide your message about a specific event into multiple tweets in order to get the most mileage out of it.
- Having patience is key when you begin to network through social media. You have to earn people’s trust with your products. Just slow down and win them over one at a time. If you can do this correctly, it won’t take long until you have an entire database of customers.
- Use social media marketing to direct people to your website. Social media is limited compared to what a website can offer. For instance, you cannot directly sell a product from your page on social media, but you can from a website. Doing this can lead to a direct sale by using social media marketing.
- You can promote sales and offers through your social media sites. On Facebook, people are more likely to discover you if you provide rich content and nice discounts. Anything that draws people to your site in a positive way is a plus, but getting more people there is only half the battle. You still have to work to keep them coming back.
- When a person starts to follow you on Twitter, reciprocate by following him or her as well. That is something everyone expects. Your customers will know that you respect them and consider them to be just as important as yourself. Say “hi” to new followers by tweeting then and following them back. This will help you to retain them.
As stated in the beginning, social media marketing can be difficult if you are unsure of what direction to go. The tips above will be able to guide you in making the right decisions when you begin your social media marketing campaign. Use the tips to find success in your new endeavor.
Want to learn more about Social Media Marketing?
Download our Infographic by clicking below to get more information about Pinterest Marketing.
If you would like help with your Social Media Strategy, please visit Firefly Digital’s website, Social Media Services page to learn more about our services, or contact us at 337-269-0299 for more information.