In this post we will explain a few ways to attract visitors to your page through visual presence, a positive network atmosphere, and most importantly the blogger’s self discipline.
If you are interested in increasing your blog traffic keep these things in mind:
1. Maintain a positive network
- Try to keep your blog unbiased and neutral, especially if you include religious or political content. One example of this is censoring opposing views on your blog. Removing comments from your blog is a form of censorship.
- Talk properly. It’s common for some people to “text talk” online (lol, jk), but don’t use them as substitutes for writing out blog entries. Use standard English to write your blog; if you use those shortcuts you use while texting, it makes you look unprofessional and readers won’t take you seriously.
- Try to always be available to your readers. Be consistent in the frequency of your blog and your responses to comments. Your readers will start to expect your company on a regular basis once you forge these connections with them. If you are feeling ready to quit, you won’t only be disappointing yourself.
2. Improve your blog’s visual impact
- Pack each of your blog posts with natural links. You can create links that point to other articles you’ve written as well as other interesting blogs. If you make claims in your post, you’ll also want to link to news articles or studies that support what you’re saying. This makes your content appear more credible.
- When posting videos on your blog, you need to make sure that you’re embedding videos that will load up and play on any type of Internet connection. Some may have high quality Internet, where some may not. Videos that load slowly or simply do not work will send visitors to other sites.
3. Blogging begins with self discipline
- Write a few posts to introduce yourself and your blog to your reader before you get into a routine of blogging about your topic. Get that basic information out first. Add photographs that support your blog topic and philosophy. Don’t feel like you need to include personal photos, but make sure you choose images that accurately represent the various views you’d like to present.
- Blogging is simple to get into, but it is hard to find the passion to succeed in doing it. If you don’t select a blog topic that you are interested in, the chances of your abandoning the blog increase dramatically.
- Find blogs within your niche and comment on their posts. This can be done simply on sites like Facebook, in blogging communities like Blogspot or via programs like Google Reader. Comment on them on a regular basis whenever you want to say something.
Blogging is something that has no time constraints; you can post weekly or monthly, as it makes no difference. If you want your blog to receive a lot of visitors, however, you should strive to post as often as possible. If you use some of the tips presented in this article, you could soon be running a successful blog.