What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine‘s “natural” or un-paid (“organic“) search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search,academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
It can be extremely helpful to any website to use search engine optimization, but it must be done correctly. This article will give you the best tips to make sure your website is found without causing problems between you and your search engines.
- To improve your search engine rankings, use many variations of your keywords, including misspellings, in your meta tags. The larger the variety in your meta-tags the more likely it is that your website will be ranked high in a given search. For example, say your site’s keyword is “cat food.” In addition to “cat food,” you can add “catfood,” “kitten food,” and “cat chow.”
- Find out what keywords you should include first. Learn which particular keywords should be utilized as you build your site’s content and titles. The focus of your research should be on discovering which search terms are most common in your particular niche. You can then use those terms to increase your rankings through search engine optimization.
- Create an XML sitemap for crawlers and spiders. A site map is an important tool; remember your keywords. Site maps allow easy navigation through your site, letting users get where they’re going in one or two clicks. These are used by search engines to rank sites higher on their lists based on how easily accessible the content is.
#1 Content Challenge: Creating content for your target audience AND search engines.
Creating Content for Your Target Audience
- Speaks their “language”
- Is helpful, informative, and relevant
- Answers their questions
Creating Content for Search Engines
- Keywords in page title, tags, description, content, etc.
- Use outbound links, inbound links and inter-links
- Make it “sticky” (engaging)
- Install Google Analytics and check it monthly
The performance of your website reflects on your company. If you neglect your website responsibilities it shows that you may have poor customer service skills, or that you’re just not a reliable company. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your website upkeep is always at it’s best:
- You entire website should be easy to read and navigate. If you want a higher rank you need to make your content easy to use and understandable. Include user functions such as the ability to make the text bigger. Your site should be easy to read and easily found by search engines.
Get a mobile-friendly version of your website
If you don’t have an accessible mobile site, then you’re not going to be visible in Google search for most mobile queries.
73% of smartphone users in the USA search on their mobile device
67% of smartphone users said that they are more likely to make a purchase if the company has a mobile-friendly version of their site.
According to Google, there are 3 essentials for a mobile-friendly website:
- Fast loading. That means 5 seconds or less.
- Mobile-friendly features. These can include large buttons, easy search and limited scrolling and pinching.
- Quick access to business information. Display info like directions, contact numbers, product information and how to make a purchase right up front so it’s easy to read on a smartphone or tablet.
As previously stated, there are effective and ineffective methods to employ SEO. These tips should have provided you with ways to boost your traffic and how to be able to avoid search engine blocks.
Wikipedia.org – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization
Entreperneur.com – https://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/224508#ixzz2a5EVA650